Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kaleidoscope Valentines

Valentine's Day is such a fun holiday! I have so many great childhood memories of making Valentine boxes and passing out cute cards in class. And as fun as store bought cards are, I really love making and sending more personalized Valentines to my boys' classmates. {You can look back HERE and HERE to see other examples of the cute Valentine's that I've come up with for my boys to send to school.} This year, I struggled a little with finding a fun {and original} idea...mostly because there are SO many great ideas on Pinterest these days! Anyway, as I was browsing the aisles of The Dollar Tree last week, I came across these packages of cute Kaleidoscopes that I knew would make adorable Valentines. And the major bonus here is that I made enough for Eli's whole class for around $2.00!
I started with these little kaleidoscopes. I picked them up at the dollar store and they came 8 in pack for $1.
Then I used my Silhouette to cut out these little tags that say "Love at First Sight". If you don't have a Silhouette, you can easily just print the saying on card stock and then punch them out with a decorative hole-punch or even just cute them out scissors.
I tied the little tags on with some red and white bakers twine...and ended up with these adorable Kaleidoscope Valentines!
And a bonus with these Valentines is that the kiddos are getting a little toy to play with instead of even more candy!
Simple, easy, and SUPER inexpensive Valentines from just a few supplies and a little trip to the dollar store!

Linking up here..
Pin It!

3 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Loooooove these, Kelli! And I especially love the no-candy idea. It seems like we have piles of candy in the house from Halloween through Easter :/

You always have the cutest ideas!!!

Carrie said...

I want to steal this idea for Ellie!!! These are great! Now I must find these little kaleidoscopes! Cute! :-)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...